Alumni Spotlight: Crystal F.
1. What was your life like before coming into Sovereign Health?
It was a crumbling mess that I didn't even realize. I was prescribed pain medicine so I thought everything was okay, but it wasn't, and everyone else noticed but me.
2. What are the most difficult parts struggling with addiction/mental health?
I had been prescribed the pain medicine for so long (10 years) I didn't even know if I was taking it anymore for the pain or to not be sick. When I came to Sovereign, I called my doctor as I was still prescribed oxycodone and let them know I was self-admitting into rehab.
3. What did you learn during treatment that is most helpful in your life today?
That I didn't need the medication. I can do things that I thought I was unable to do after my surgery.
4. Describe how your life is different now. What is the best part of your life today?
Not having to rely on something to feel better.
5. What are some of your goals for the future?
Enjoying the missed time spend with family and friends, improving my physical appearance and overall just having a happy heart.
6. What would you want to tell other people that are struggling with the same issues right now that you were?
That they are not alone; they have never been the only ones to ever feel that way. But each person's rock bottom is different..